Monday, June 30, 2008

poor amy winehouse

Amy Winehouse is so sad. I think she has a really good voice, and brought a nice revival of older genres, and I think it sucks that she has thrown her life away to drugs. I'm sure she won't live too many more years. I recently read that she might be confined to a wheelchair if she doesn't stop smoking crack, because she has emphysema or something ridiculous like that. She's 24. That's only three years older than me. I hope I don't have emphysema by the time I'm 24, haha.

Last night, Ashley and I were watching some of her latest performances on YouTube where she was high/drunk out of her mind and you could barely understand what she was saying. We even saw one where she did a line of coke in the middle of a performance (she got it from somewhere up her sleeve) and people in the crowd actually cheered. Ashley thinks it's really funny, and I do too to some extent, but I also think it's really sad. I can't believe we applaud performances like that. Like so many other young talents, she really sold out to drugs. We also watched an interview from when she was 19, still had a brain, still had a little body fat, and didn't have that beehive hairdo yet. It's crazy to see how much she has changed.

No comments: